I haven't updated in almost a month! I knew I was bound for blog failure sooner or later. Anyway, I am definitely going to try my hardest to stick with this the next couple weeks, but I am going to be extremely busy, so I cannot promise anything. I think my life is going to be a whirlwind. So much has happened since my last update!
First things first, the ball was amazing. Derek and I were a hot couple! Also, while I was out in North Carolina I found a job! It's at Pier 1 and I would be a Sales Leader, it's a position above Sales Associate and right under Assistant Manager. I am reallllly excited about it! The only downfall is that I am moving to North Carolina December 20th....so that means I have to miss Christmas with my family :( and I will be in North Carolina alone for Christmas because Derek will be in Afghanistan. Lame. Oh well I know I will make the best of it.
This week is my last week of class. Tomorrow I have a test in my business law class and Thursday I have a paper due. Here is my list of everything I need to accomplish during the next week....brace yourself.
Tomorrow- LEB test, take research paper to undergraduate writing center to be revised one final time
Thursday- Turn in final draft of history research paper (all 15 pages!)
Friday- Mom, Harlan, and Whitney get into town
Saturday- Dad's family gets into town and I have my graduation ceremony at 6:00 PM
Sunday- Move back home
Monday- Go get a CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday- Lunch with Kathy and her mom, go get my wedding dress altered
Wednesday- Meet with florist about finalizing flowers for wedding
Thursday- Go to location of wedding to take measurements of tables
Friday- Parents go out of town for a week and I am babysitting my sisters
December 20th- Begin the long 20 hour journey to the East Coast.
And somewhere in between all of this I have to pack all my stuff and get ready to leave!!!!
I have lived my entire life in Texas....all 21 years and 10 months of my life have been on Texas soil. Before I met Derek never had I ever imagined I would live anywhere besides Texas, and I REALLY never thought I would be with someone in the military. I though I would be single and have fun until later in my 20's and then settle down and get married by 26 or so....Boy does life throw curve balls. Here I am not even 22 years old, engaged, and getting married in less than 6 months. I am graduating and then 15 days later leaving the nest my parents built for me and getting out on my own. As an adult. I have so many emotions going on in my head right now it's insane. I am so excited to move to where Derek is, but I am also scared, nervous, sad, nostalgic, and anxious. The hardest thing I will have to do so far in my life will be to get in my car and leave my family...but I'm not just leaving them...I am leaving my life at home to begin my life with my future husband and this is something everyone ends up doing...I just can't believe my time has already come. I am trying not to cry as I write this, call me a baby, lol. As much as I wish I could spend Christmas at home, I am kind of glad to get it over with before so I can begin the detachment process as soon as possible.
As far as my diet has been, it's been really great considering we just finished Thanksgiving. Today I went to the gym and did strength training, but it was too cold outside for me to do my cardio I wanted to do. I did walk a lot around campus so I did what I could with what I had. The weather was really bad. I want to lose 3 more pounds by New Years. That will put me at 130 pounds!
I am off to sleep now and give my brain a rest. It's been in overdrive today with all the planning and other crap I have had to do today. Bleh!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment