Funny how winter really does mean hibernation. It gets so cold and bitter outside that the thought of going for a run in the park almost sounds like torture. Just as I was getting better at running and actually liking it, it gets cold!! And also with this weather, comes the laziness and desire to just lay around all day and sleep. Eat. Sleep some more. Wake up. Eat dinner. Watch TV. Go to bed. I know it's the weather that is doing this to me because I am sooo not the type to sit around on my butt all day, but lately that's all I want to do. Yesterday was a beautiful day and felt great outside and what do you know? I got a lot accomplished in that day. I have been walking Buddi twice a day, doing LOTS of crunches, going walking in the park, and I went to the gym today and got in a GREAT arm workout. Tomorrow I plan on going to the park in the AM and then doing some strength training tomorrow after I get off if I'm not starving.
So onto more exciting news...in my opinion...I have a game plan for my drive to Jacksonville. I don't remember if I already put it on here. I plan on waking up at the buttcrack of dawn and driving all day until I reach Conyers, Georgia. It's about 30 minutes outside of Atlanta (east of Atlanta, so closer to my destination). I think leaving early will make it easier to say goodbye...everyone will be asleep so it will be a quick goodbye. I know I'll probably cry off and on after that, but with just getting the initial "breaking away" done I believe the quicker, the easier. This will definitely be the hardest thing I have had to do in my life...I hate that being with Derek means taking me halfway across the country from my family. That's life in the military I guess. I have good friends who will help me get used to it and I have Derek of course who is always there for me.
This will be Derek's and my first Christmas living together...I don't really know what to get him, but I want it to be good. I think I'll wait to buy his gift until after I get there. I think I wanna get us a little mini tree to put in the living room. I'm getting there like 4 days before Christmas day so I think it is a waste to buy a tree...and we can't afford a fake one right now. I want to do some sort of decorating for Christmas though!
Anywho...So my blog posts aren't the most intellectual, but they are about what's going on in my life, and that's sufficient, right? So now I'm off to research prices of mini Christmas trees! Joy!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment